Supplies for Honors Band and Symphonic Band:
Students in Symphonic Band and Honor Band will need the following items for band classes this year:
- Black 1” 3-ring binder. (Supplied by the band directors at the start of the year)
- 5 tabbed dividers for your binder. We will label these in class during the first week of school. (Supplied by the band directors at the start of the year)
- All supplies relative to their instrument (reeds, valve oil, etc.)
- See supplies list below for specific information
- Foundations for Superior Performance book (due in class by August 17th)
- Korg TM-50C or TM-60 Metronome/Tuner Combo with a Korg Clip-On Pick-Up Microphone (excluding percussionists)
- 2 Pencils (one pencil is supplied by the band directors at the start of the year )
- Pencil Pouch (supplied by the band directors at the start of the year)
- Percussionists have slightly different needs that will be communicated specifically to them by Mr. Reberger.
Honor & Symphonic Band Supplies List – Updated list coming soon!
HPISD Recommended 7/8 Step-Up Equipment Info:
Most step-up instruments can be purchased at the Fall (November) or Spring (April) Instrument Step-up Events held at HPMS or HPHS. Please speak with a band director prior to purchasing outside of the step-up events! (The only exception is FLUTE).
FLUTE PLAYERS: Please set up an instrument trial session through Carolyn Nussbaum (flute4u.com). Ms. Strull and Ms. Taylor can help you limit the choices down to the right flute!