Director: Ms. Whitehouse
Selection into this group is by audition, director recommendation, and demonstration of academic proficiency. The Honor Band will meet during 6th period each day (1:00 PM – 1:52 PM). Members of this group will have one section rehearsal outside of the school day each week. This schedule is determined during the first week of school. Extensive efforts are made to avoid conflicts with athletic commitments in order to minimize conflicts. Additional rehearsal or sectionals may be added throughout the year and will always be communicated in advance.
Honor Band Members are Required to:
- Prepare for and perform concerts throughout the school year
- Participate in the TMEA All-Region Band process (November/December)
- Perform at Solo and Ensemble Contest (February)
- Perform at UIL Concert and Sight-Reading Contest (March)
- Perform at Ensemble Contest (April)
You can find a list of required supplies for all Honor Band members here.
Click on the following link to view the Honor Band Sectional Schedule:
Please make sure you join the Honor Band remind group!